Single Blog Post

Blast Alert ! !

September 15th, 2011     By @QuezKHH     Posted in Killer HIpHop.com     Comments 5

In a recent interview with Vh1 Ice-T calls out Rick Ross and Lil Wayne. The subject at hand was the Planet Rock documentary about the crack epidemic, and how it has influenced Hip Hop. In talking about living and rapping the gangster life Ice-T calls out Rick Ross. He says, “Rick Ross stole a n*gga’s name. I call him ‘Identity Crisis.’ He thinks he’s [Freeway] Rick Ross, he thinks he’s Larry Hoover, he thinks he’s Big Meech, he thinks he’s MC Hammer, he thinks he’s Tupac. Like, who the f*ck are you really, dude?” adding that,

"He thinks he’s Big Meech, he thinks he’s MC Hammer, he thinks he’s Tupac. Like, who the f*ck are you really."
-Ice T/ VH1 Interview

““When we rapped about dope— me, Snoop and everybody—it was like we doin’ it because we GOT to. Now these n*gga’s is actin’ like it’s somethin’ that’s FUN. It’s so easy to fantasize about it. To actively do it? That’s a whole ‘nother f*ckin’ thing.” Then Ice-T continues to talk about rappers not being held accountable for their words, “You can tell kids these days any motherf*ckin’ thing and they’ll believe it. There’s not a code of accountability in hip hop. When I came out, if you said it, you HAD to be about it. n*ggas would check you really quickly.”

But he’s not done yet. In talking about his disgust for Pop inside Hip Hop music he takes a shot at Weezy, “When you hear Lil Wayne sayin’ ‘I got a chopper in the car,’ you go, ‘Yeah, right you do.” As Ice-T calls it it’s, “no longer rap. It’s pop music, pop using rap delivery”. Ice-T raises some very valid points. Rappers today don’t take into account that every word they say might be taken into action. But do rappers even care, do fans care, will they ever change? As you know, if the people demand it, they will supply it. So are we putting too much blame on rappers? Let me know what you think in the comments below.

Comments (5)
  • Komnan

September 15th, 2011 at 10.53pm

One of the best ever to grab the mic ‘Ice-T’. He does have a point bout Rozay, being that dude has already been outed as cop. In regards to Wayne I’m abit buffled, ’cause Wayne can’t be the poster boy for Pop rap or whatever it’s called.Komnan on September 15th, 2011 10:53 pm

• Adlei Neves

September 15th, 2011 at 12.55pm

man, I think that rap turn into pop music, everything today is money and ego stories about how much you got, how many hoes you fucked, how many guns you got… what happened to hip-hop you know, those times where the lyrism was in a level where nobody today is reaching, what happened to the message between the lines?, what happened to the part where we inspire our people? man I live in Brazil but I listen to hip-hop since I was little and I gotta say… I’m disappointed

Leave Comment

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin vel lectus ut maur con lacinia dapibus sit amet neque. Praesent scelerisque tellus dolor.

Design by Derrick Buckner - Ph. (678) 222-6053
Control Panel